There are minimum requirements that Korean Air expects from applicants. These must be fulfilled in order for you to be successful in passing inital screening and to be invited to interview.
The below requirements elaborate on the requirements found on the Vacancies page.
PIC on Type
Total PIC Airline Jet
Total Multi Crew Jet
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to check details about how to record your hours
Some PIC on type hours can be converted from F/O time on type. The conversion of these hours follow the following rules:
· You can only convert 50% of your F/O hours on type
· You can only convert up to a maximum of 500 hours PIC time from your F/O hours on-type
1000 hrs. FO time on type -> 500 hrs. PIC time on type
2000 hrs. FO time on type -> 500 hrs. PIC time on type (maximum 500 hours converted)
500 hrs. FO time on type -> 250 hrs. PIC time on type (only 50% of hours converted)
· Last flight on type must be within one year. If another multicrew jet transport has been flown in the meantime your last flight on type can be within two years.
· Captain applicants must be aged less than 60 years old at the point of joining – please take into account a lengthy recruitment process.
NTR applicants have slightly different minimum requirements:
· B744/B767 experience to the above minimum level is required for B777 positions
· A320/A340 experience to the above minimum level is required for A330 positions
· The Captain must have operated qualifying type within 6 months. If the pilot is operating on another multi crew jet transport, this period is extended to 12 months
· The Captain must be aged less than 55 years old at the point of joining
The NTR recruitment program allows qualifying Captains the opportunity to secure a position prior to self-funding the B777 / A330 rating. This must be achieved without any restrictions, before captains can join Korean Air. Please ensure you can complete the transition process before joining.
All First officer recruitment has been canceled and is unlikely to return. We have ceased processing F/O applications at this time.